Commenting on the Critics with Simon Columb...
"Orson Welles’ 1941 feature tracks the rise and fall of an American media mogul from the Colorado backwoods to a lonely death in his fairy-tale palace. Every 10 years Sight and Sound magazine has canvassed a caucus of critics for their top 10 films. Every time since 1962, Kane has taken the top spot. The results of the latest poll will be published on August 2. And for the first time in 50 years, there is a distinct possibility of a Kane mutiny."
Read the full article here.
First off, I will concede that I put a huge amount of credability and weight to these lists. So many young filmmakers and film enthusiasts will use these lists almost as a check-off point to ensure they have touched upon the 'important' films. »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- War promo for Mad Max: Fury Road (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- Review: Interstellar (From Comicmix. 27 March 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Explosion promo for Mad Max: Fury Road, new trailer arriving on Tuesday (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Robert Duvall Talks Wild Horses, Lonesome Dove, The Searchers, and More (From Collider.com. 27 March 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Attached to Star in 'The Billionaire's Vinegar' (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 March 2015, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Lrb, Morris, Baumbach (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 25 March 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Video of the Day: Watch a movie supercut of Hamlet’s To Be Or Not To Be speech (From SoundOnSight. 27 March 2015, 5:47 AM, PDT)
- Italy’s Cineteca Di Bologna to Restore All of Buster Keaton’s Silent Films (From Variety - Film News. 17 March 2015, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Movie Poster of the Week: “Modern Times” and the Leader Press Posters (From MUBI. 13 March 2015, 9:14 AM, PDT)