MakingOf recently sat down with screenwriters Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio to speak about their most recent work, the just-released animated feature "Despicable Me," which topped all movies (including "Eclipse") at the box office last weekend with $56.4M.
After receiving the idea from Sergio Pablos and Chris Meledantri (Illumination Entertainment), both writers loved the concept of a villain who's trying to take over the world having to juggle the responsibilities of family life, saying "We thought it was great, that it was really funny, but it had the potential for great heart."
From storyboards to finished product, screenwriters have to exercise patience when it comes to seeing their work come to life. Having previously worked on "Horton Hears a Who!" together, both Paul and Daurio realized the time and energy that it takes to bring their writing to the screen. Expressing the satisfaction of the process, Paul states, "That's the thing that's amazing because. »
Similar News ItemsDespicable Me (2010)
- Eli Roth Presents Terror Tram is Coming to Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights (From DailyDead. 26 August 2016, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Ming-Na Wen goes from S.H.I.E.L.D. agent to time travel agent for Disney XD (From Hitfix. 23 August 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 45 Movies To Look Forward To Before The End Of 2016 (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Secret Life of Pets’ Debuts to Massive $103.2 Million (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2016, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Secret Life of Pets’ Dominating Weekend with $96 Million (From Variety - Film News. 9 July 2016, 7:26 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Secret Life of Pets’ to Sink ‘Finding Dory,’ ‘Mike and Dave’ With $95 Million Opening Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 8 July 2016, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- Secret Life of Pets 2 Is Coming in Summer 2018 (From MovieWeb. 2 August 2016, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- ‘Secret Life of Pets 2’ in the Works, Set for 2018 Release (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2016, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- How an Original Movie Finally Had a $100m Opening (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 July 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)