Sometimes news comes our way that immediately starts making our heads hurt. This is one of those times. An American remake of the classic Japanese film Battle Royale is something that's been talked about a lot. Now with the success of The Hunger Games...
The La Times reports that The CW has had talks with the project's Hollywood representatives about the possibility of turning the property into an English-language show, said a person with knowledge of the situation who was not authorized to speak about it publicly. The talks were preliminary, but if a deal could be reached, the network would acquire rights to Koushun Takami’s underlying novel, then unpack and expand on it for an hour-long dramatic series.
In the original film the economy has collapsed, unemployment has soared, and juvenile crime has exploded. Fearful of their nation’s youth, the Japanese government passes The Br Law: Each »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- Avengers 3 Gets An Official Title, But Infinity War – Part II Is Now “Untitled” (From We Got This Covered. 29 July 2016, 6:14 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War Will Be Released As A Standalone Movie; Avengers 4 Now "Untitled" (From ComicBookMovie. 29 July 2016, 5:14 PM, PDT)
- 9 Sickest Donald Trump Burns at the Democratic Convention (From The Wrap. 28 July 2016, 12:45 PM, PDT)
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- Quentin Tarantino -- 'Kill Bill' Is Beneath Me (Photo) (From TMZ. 21 July 2016, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino’s Retirement Fallacy (From FilmSchoolRejects. 14 July 2016, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino Says to Expect Just Two More Films (From Variety - Film News. 12 July 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Battle Royale (2000)
- Movie Review – Chevalier (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2016, 1:35 AM, PDT)
- As the Gods Will Review: Japan’s Cure for Boredom Remains Killing Teens (From FilmSchoolRejects. 18 July 2016, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Denise Richards: examining her recent straight-to-dvd movies (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2016, 3:10 PM, PDT)