The late 1970s and early 1980s were a groundbreaking period for science fiction films. It got kicked off by Star Wars, which fueled the imaginations of many directors of the time. It also caused studios to trip over each other in their search for the next big space saga. Some of those films were fun like Battle Beyond the Stars. Others were serious works of art like Alien, The Black Hole, and Peter Hyams' Outland.
Thanks to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Outland is available on Blu-ray for the first time. This was director Hyams' first journey into deep space. He worked in the sci-fi field once before with Capricorn One, but this 1981 cult classic took him to another world… or moon would be more accurate. Some say this was Hyams' practice for the more complex 2010, which he helmed a couple of years later.
Veteran Federal Marshal William O'Niel (Sean Connery »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Eric Shirey)
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Best of the Week: 'Ant-Man,' 'Terminator,' 'Star Wars' Trailers; New 'Wonder Woman' Director and More (From Movies.com. 17 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Fight the Battle of Jakku for Free In December (From Cinelinx. 17 April 2015, 10:42 PM, PDT)
- Sos This Week Podcast #4: We discuss the Cannes ’15 lineup (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2015, 9:23 PM, PDT)
- Drive-In Dust Offs: Dead & Buried (From DailyDead. 17 April 2015, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Sets Sights on Blade Runner Sequel (From DailyDead. 16 April 2015, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Has Joined The Cast Of ‘Blade Runner 2′ (From The Hollywood News. 16 April 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Seven Up! filmmaker Paul Almond dies, aged 83 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 April 2015, 4:09 AM, PDT)
- Ronnie Carroll obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 April 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- 'Harry Potter' 8? J.K. Rowling Teases a New Book Sequel (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 April 2015, 8:42 AM, PDT)