Tamm, who played the Doctor's companion Romana alongside Tom Baker, died at a hospital in London on Thursday morning. She had been suffering from cancer for 18 months.
The actress was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, the daughter of Estonian refugees, and had a long career on stage and screen. She starred in the films The Odessa File and The Likely Lads and had recurring roles in the soaps Brookside and EastEnders.
Tamm leaves her husband Marcus Ringrose, daughter Lauren and seven-year-old son Max.
Barry Langford, her agent of 22 years, said: "She had a great zest for life. She was a fantastic actress – she played stage parts of such range, parts that would take your breath away. She could play any role, »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Doctor Who Christmas Special Trailer: Twice the Doctors, Twice the Fun! (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2017, 3:25 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who Christmas Special Gets Its First Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 23 July 2017, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency’ Season 2 Sneak Peek Is What Dreams Are Made Of (From Indiewire Television. 23 July 2017, 1:47 PM, PDT)
- ‘EastEnders’ Actor Paul Nicholls Rescued After Being Trapped In Thai Waterfall For 3 Days (From Uinterview. 20 July 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- British Actor Stranded for 3 Days After Fall in Thailand (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 July 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- U.K. Actor Paul Nicholls Rescued After 3 Days Being Stuck Below Waterfall With Broken Leg (From ET Canada. 20 July 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive new poster for Stratton starring Dominic Cooper (From Flickeringmyth. 18 July 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: what next for Missy and the Master? (From Den of Geek. 2 July 2017, 9:53 PM, PDT)
- New international poster for Murder on the Orient Express (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2017, 10:40 AM, PDT)