Tamm, who played the Doctor's companion Romana alongside Tom Baker, died at a hospital in London on Thursday morning. She had been suffering from cancer for 18 months.
The actress was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire, the daughter of Estonian refugees, and had a long career on stage and screen. She starred in the films The Odessa File and The Likely Lads and had recurring roles in the soaps Brookside and EastEnders.
Tamm leaves her husband Marcus Ringrose, daughter Lauren and seven-year-old son Max.
Barry Langford, her agent of 22 years, said: "She had a great zest for life. She was a fantastic actress – she played stage parts of such range, parts that would take your breath away. She could play any role, »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- The War Doctor returns in preview of Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor #2.11 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 11:20 PM, PDT)
- Weinstein TV, BBC team on 'Les Miserables' (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2016, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2016: Top 75 Panels To See This Year! (From LatinoReview. 20 July 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for British comedy Gangsters, Gamblers and Geezers starring Richard Blackwood, Liz McClarnon and Jodie Marsh (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2016, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- The Musketeers series 3 episode 8 review: Prisoners Of War (From Den of Geek. 22 July 2016, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Reign: EastEnders Alum Joins Season Four of CW Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 July 2016, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Why Kenneth Branagh Loves Mysteries, from ‘Wallander’ to ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ (Emmy Watch) (From Indiewire. 26 June 2016, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Why Kenneth Branagh Loves Mysteries, from ‘Wallander’ to ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ (Emmy Watch) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 June 2016, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Iwan Rheon: Why the ‘Game of Thrones’ Psychopath Deserves to Be a Star (From Indiewire Television. 21 June 2016, 2:18 PM, PDT)