Opening this weekend in limited release is iconic filmmaker William Friedkin's latest, Killer Joe, a controversial thriller based on the stage play by Pulitzer Prize winning writer Tracy Letts which will have most fans seeing fried chicken in a whole new light.
Kind of like how he forever changed pea soup with The Exorcist.
In anticipation of Killer Joe's release on July 27th, Dread Central recently had the opportunity to catch up with two of the film's lovelier co-stars, veteran actress Gina Gershon and newcomer Juno Temple, who discussed with us their thoughts on the controversial material as well as gave us some insight into their characters and the challenges and advantages to working with Friedkin's 'one-take' approach on set.
Check out our roundtable interview with Gershon and Temple below, and look for Killer Joe in limited theaters this weekend courtesy of Ld Entertainment.
Question: So what was »
Similar News ItemsJuno Temple
- Aussies help Arnie to reach No. 1 (From IF.com.au. 5 July 2015, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- New trailer for Safelight starring Evan Peters and Juno Temple (From Flickeringmyth. 4 July 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Edinburgh Film Review: ‘Len and Company’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2015, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Weintraub Dies: George Clooney, Don Cheadle, Ralph Macchio React (From Variety - Film News. 6 July 2015, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Rip Producer Jerry Weintraub: He Navigated Hollywood 'His Way' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 6 July 2015, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- Legendary Producer Jerry Weintraub Dies at 77 (From Variety - Film News. 6 July 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
Killer Joe (2011)
- Watch: Juno Temple Trades Prostitution For Photography In Trailer For 'Safelight' (From The Playlist. 1 July 2015, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- William Friedkin to Direct the 'To Live and Die in L.A.' TV Show (From Movies.com. 26 June 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- William Friedkin To Direct TV Series Version Of His 'To Live And Die In L.A.' (From Indiewire Television. 25 June 2015, 1:48 PM, PDT)