Opening this weekend in limited release is iconic filmmaker William Friedkin's latest, Killer Joe, a controversial thriller based on the stage play by Pulitzer Prize winning writer Tracy Letts which will have most fans seeing fried chicken in a whole new light.
Kind of like how he forever changed pea soup with The Exorcist.
In anticipation of Killer Joe's release on July 27th, Dread Central recently had the opportunity to catch up with two of the film's lovelier co-stars, veteran actress Gina Gershon and newcomer Juno Temple, who discussed with us their thoughts on the controversial material as well as gave us some insight into their characters and the challenges and advantages to working with Friedkin's 'one-take' approach on set.
Check out our roundtable interview with Gershon and Temple below, and look for Killer Joe in limited theaters this weekend courtesy of Ld Entertainment.
Question: So what was »
Similar News ItemsJuno Temple
- 2015 Tribeca Film Festival Line-Up Announced: James Franco’s ‘Adderall Diaries,’ Olivia Wilde In ‘Meadowland’ & More (From The Playlist. 3 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- New Films Starring James Franco, Richard Gere and Dakota Fanning to Premiere at 2015 Tribeca Film Festival (From Indiewire. 3 March 2015, 10:58 AM, PST)
- Watch Carey Mulligan In New Trailer For ‘Far From The Madding Crowd’ (From The Hollywood News. 25 February 2015, 1:59 AM, PST)
Killer Joe (2011)
- Jonathan Deckter Leaves IM Global, Joins Voltage (From Variety - Film News. 2 March 2015, 10:14 AM, PST)
- Jonathan Deckter joins Voltage as partner (From ScreenDaily. 2 March 2015, 9:35 AM, PST)
- Matthew McConaughey will soon be Born To Run (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 4:41 AM, PST)
- Chappie | Review (From ioncinema. 5 March 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Watch: 'The Artist' Star Jean Dujardin Steps Into The World Of Crime In Nsfw Red Band Trailer For 'The Connection' (From The Playlist. 5 March 2015, 1:31 PM, PST)
- The Connection, Starring Jean Dujardin, Comes to Theaters This May (From ShockYa. 5 March 2015, 1:27 PM, PST)