The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today that legendary filmmakers Bob and Harvey Weinstein, co-founders and Co-Chairmen of The Weinstein Company, will be honored with the 2013 Milestone Award. The award will be presented to the Weinsteins at the 24th Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The Milestone Award is the Guild.s highest honor recognizing an individual or team who has made historic contributions to the entertainment industry. In the past, the Producers Guild has paid tribute to such industry leaders as Clint Eastwood, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, Walt Disney, James Cameron, Ron Meyer and last year.s 2012 recipient Leslie Moonves, among others.
“Beginning in the late 1970s with Miramax Films and continuing through today with The Weinstein Company, Bob and Harvey consistently seek out, nurture and help bring audiences the stories that others are often afraid to tell,. said Producers Guild »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'Ant-Man' Writers Join 'Transformers' Writers Room, Origin Story Expected (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 May 2015, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Is The Raptor Whisperer In Cool New Jurassic World Clip (From ComicBookMovie. 27 May 2015, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Watch: New Clip And Featurette With Steven Spielberg For 'Jurassic World' (From The Playlist. 27 May 2015, 11:21 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- The Best B-Movies of the 21st Century (From CinemaNerdz. 26 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The Future of Acting in the Technological Age (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Bill Paxton on Neill Blomkamp’s Alien: “If you’re going to bring Hicks back, you’ve got to have Hudson” (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2015, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Johnnie To Will Speak At BAFTA's A Life In Pictures Series In June (From Twitch. 27 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 100 Essential Action Scenes: Swordfights (From SoundOnSight. 27 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- BAFTA to host Johnnie To event (From ScreenDaily. 27 May 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)