Directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot
When Clouzot decided to buy the filming rights to Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac’s novel, Celle qui n’était plus (She Who Was No More), he beat out the next highest bidder, the master of suspense himself, by only a matter of hours, and in Clouzot’s subsequent movie adaptation, we can fully understand their mutual interest.
Serpentine, bitter, manipulative, and cruel to an uncompromising extreme, Les Diaboliques is a masterpiece in its own right, but will be forever known as the greatest film that Hitchcock almost made.
At an all-boys boarding school, two female teachers struggle to survive under the oppressive and barbarous management of the despotic headmaster, Michel (Paul Meurisse »
- Justin Li
Similar News ItemsAlfred Hitchcock (I)
- Sdcc: Rihanna to take a shower in Bates Motel as Marion Crane, series ending after season 5 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- Rhianna Joins T.V.’s Bates Motel In Iconic Psycho Role (From TheMovieBit. 23 July 2016, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Rihanna to Play Infamous 'Psycho' Role on 'Bates Motel' (From Rolling Stone. 22 July 2016, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Wheatley Confirms "Wages of Fear" Remake (From Dark Horizons. 29 April 2016, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- Rooney Mara Circles Mary Magdalene Biopic; Pope Francis Makes Film Debut; Asghar Farhadi Resumes New Feature (From The Film Stage. 2 February 2016, 12:13 PM, PST)
- High-Rise Director Ben Wheatley Eyes Female-Centric Cast For The Wages Of Fear (From We Got This Covered. 29 January 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
Justin Li (I)
- Carrie-Anne Moss, Richard Armitage join 'Brain on Fire' (From ScreenDaily. 16 July 2015, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- Minority Report TV Show Signs Original Movie Cast Member (From Obsessed with Film. 17 February 2015, 5:50 AM, PST)
- ‘A Fantastic Fear of Everything’ an unfeeling digest of interesting ideas, references, and aesthetics (From SoundOnSight. 6 February 2014, 6:52 PM, PST)