The Wired Cafe opened up at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, Thursday morning at 11am. Perhaps you thought that Wired Cafe would imply people wired-in to their laptops typing away as we geeks do.
However, instead of tables and laptops, people kicked-back with Game of Thrones inspired drinks, chicken wings and a live DJ spinning all your favorite club hits. Instead of geeking out, people were “rocking the club” from the break of dawn in a mini-resort – away from Con activities.
Drinking hard drinks at 11am was all the rage with all the attendees. Anthony Bourdain, star of No Reservations, also showed up as well as Kristian Nairn, who stars as Hodor on Game of Thrones. Instead of lifting around a young Stark on his back, Nairn was posing with a Game of Thrones skinned Xbox 360 console – the game recently was released on the home console from Atlus.
- Bags Hooper
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Even With Greyscale, We Would Be All Over Game of Thrones' Iain Glen (From Popsugar. 17 August 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Got’: Did Emilia Clarke Just Reveal That Sir Jorah Will Be The True Love of Daenerys’ Life? (From HollywoodLife. 17 August 2017, 8:42 PM, PDT)
- Jon Snow Pretends to Be a Dragon in Hilarious Game of Thrones Outtake (From E! Online. 17 August 2017, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Just Gave New Hints About How Time Travel Works (From The Wrap. 7 August 2017, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Game Of Thrones’: Did Kristian Nairn Just Drop A Massive Cersei & Jaime Spoiler? — Watch (From HollywoodLife. 2 August 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- "Game Of Thrones: The Queen's Justice" (From SneakPeek. 27 July 2017, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Film News Roundup: Graham King Signs First-Look Deal With Paramount (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Neon Label Super Ltd Eats Up Tribeca Docu ‘Wasted! The Story Of Food Waste’ In First Deal (From Deadline. 15 August 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- The 25 Best One-Season Television Shows of the Last 25 Years (From Indiewire. 15 August 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)