As Manchester United step up their pursuit of Brazilian midfielder Lucas Moura, What Culture examines the player, his credentials, and whether he is needed at Old Trafford.
Who is Lucas Moura?
Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silva, or just ‘Lucas’, the name he plays under, is a 19 year old attacking midfielder who currently plays for São Paulo and the Brazilian national team. He made his debut in 2010 aged just 17. He has spent three full seasons for the Brazilian club, making 103 appearances. His most prolific season was in 2011; in 43 appearances he scored 13 times and created 8 assists.
He has had frequent call ups to Brazil’s Under-20 international side, and featured in the Under-20 South American Championships, where he scored a hat-trick against Uruguay. He made his full international debut for Brazil in a friendly match against Scotland on 27 March 2011.
Recently, Lucas has featured in two friendlies against the Netherlands and Romania and »
- Joseph Dempsey
Similar News ItemsRyan Giggs
- The hot summer 2016 film quiz (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Man Utd Transfers: Chase Hots Up For Real Madrid Star? (From Obsessed with Film. 6 January 2016, 6:57 AM, PST)
- Class of ’92: Out of Their League review: ‘the Neville brothers’ urge to meddle is overpowering and largely counterproductive’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 5 November 2015, 11:32 PM, PST)
Nick Powell (I)
- Movie News: Nicolas Cage to Star as Big-Game Hunter in 'Primal'; Disney Sets New 'Aladdin' Release Date (From Movies.com. 13 September 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Nicolas Cage to star as a big-game hunter in Primal (From Flickeringmyth. 13 September 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: Nicolas Cage to Star as Big-Game Hunter in 'Primal' (From Fandango. 13 September 2017, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Moneyball gone Terribly Wrong (From The Cultural Post. 24 April 2017, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- The Top 5 Sporting Documentaries (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Russell Tovey: ‘Being gay made my career' (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 December 2016, 1:00 AM, PST)