Ten has locked in “dramedy” Offspring for two more series.
The network has commissioned another 26 episodes of the comedy drama from Southern Star.
The third series ended this week.
Ten’s chief programming officer David Mott said: “The commissioning of two new seasons of Offspring further cements Network Ten’s ongoing commitment to producing high-quality Australian drama that has a unique and interesting voice.”
The series stars Asher Keddie as obstetrician Nina Proudman. It rated a metro audience of just under 1m.
Producer Imogen Banks said: “It’s lovely to be part of a show that has been so warmly embraced. We’re thrilled to be heading into a fourth season – it’s a testament to the hard work of everyone involved.”
Similar News ItemsNetwork Ten [au]
- Rove McManus returns from Los Angeles to co-host The Project (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 July 2014, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Olympic Swimmer Ian Thorpe -- I'm Comfortable Saying I'm Gay (From TMZ. 13 July 2014, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Ten, Foxtel take new Fox series (From IF.com.au. 23 June 2014, 9:17 PM, PDT)
Southern Star [au]
- Sandra Levy honoured with Ao (From IF.com.au. 9 June 2014, 11:15 PM, PDT)
- Promotion for Micah Hewson (From IF.com.au. 4 May 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Promotion for Mica Hewson (From IF.com.au. 4 May 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Michael Fassbender in Frontier Western 'Slow West' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 June 2014, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- Revenue down for Channel Ten (From IF.com.au. 18 June 2014, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Viewers welcome return of Offspring (From IF.com.au. 14 May 2014, 8:37 PM, PDT)