ITN reported on the Bond film cancellation the morning of July 4th.
The new James Bond film, due for release by 2012, has been cancelled due to a cash crisis.
Production crew were told in April the £132 million blockbuster, starring Daniel Craig, had been postponed amid “financial problems” at debt ridden movie studio MGM, which co-funded the film.
The studio has now confirmed that filming of Bond 23 has been axed completely – and it could be years before the secret agent is back on the big screen.
But production company Eon have confirmed in a statement: “We do not know when development will resume and cannot comment further at this stage.”
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Idris Elba thinks he’s too old to play James Bond (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Elba Dismisses Wild James Bond Rumors (From Dark Horizons. 23 July 2016, 4:08 AM, PDT)
- Idris Elba says he's too old for James Bond (From JoBlo. 22 July 2016, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem to Once Again Play a Monster In New Universal Horror Movies (From Movies.com. 11 July 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem Wanted as Frankenstein in Universal's Monsters Universe (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2016, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem to Play Frankenstein’s Monster in Universal’s New Monsters Universe? (From DailyDead. 11 July 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Venice Film Festival Juries Announced: Laurie Anderson, Joshua Oppenheimer, Nina Hoss & More Headed to the Lido (From Indiewire. 24 July 2016, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Laurie Anderson, Joshua Oppenheimer, Zhao Wei Set For Venice Jury (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2016, 4:09 AM, PDT)
- Is Idris Elba Too Old to Play James Bond? (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2016, 12:55 PM, PDT)