When Universal Pictures cut its deal with Hasbro to make films based on their toys and games, plans for Stretch Armstrong — a film that would’ve seen Taylor Lautner as the pliable action figure — fell through. Many of us thought it safe to assume we wouldn’t be hearing about Stretch for awhile, maybe never again, but it turns out Relativity Media has the rights and THR reports that Breck Eisner is in talks to direct.
Eisner is best known for directing the 2005 adventure film Sahara and one of 2010′s more popular and praised horror flicks, The Crazies. His work on the latter convinced New Line to hire him for a remake of Escape from New York, but there’s been no word on that project for two years now.
Stretch Armstrong debuted in 1976 and saw a resurgence in the ’90s. Relativity has been mum on its development of the »
- Steven Chaitman
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- ‘American Sniper’ Shoots to the Top of the Home-Video Charts (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Jaws 40th Anniversary Theatrical Screenings Announced (From DailyDead. 28 May 2015, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires ‘Tumbledown’ – Film Briefs (From Deadline. 28 May 2015, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- Cuckoo: How it became BBC Three's biggest show (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Cuckoo: How a Rob Schneider pilot became BBC Three's biggest show (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson pranks, historical blunders and Jason Patric: 20 facts about Braveheart (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
Relativity Media [us]
- Relativity Pushes Sundance Comedy ‘The Bronze’ From July to October (From The Wrap. 28 May 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign? (From Deadline TV. 28 May 2015, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign? (From Deadline. 28 May 2015, 7:29 AM, PDT)