It's easy to look at TNT's new crime procedural, Perception, and have your thoughts wander to a list full of other television series that have contained lead characters with quirky, eccentric and overly observant tendencies that help drive them to cracking cases when some just can't fathom the truth behind the clues.
Programs like Monk, Psych, Numb3rs and a slew of others have come and gone adding certain depth, humor and dramatic storytelling by often exploring the characters in addition to solving the mysteries. It seems to be a time-tested formula that's garnered successes and failures, but won't ever quit.
Which begs less of the question, "Do we need another?" and more so: "What makes Perception a compelling take on the popular genre?"
Because let's face it, as much as critics could groan about the similarities of the concept across shows, the fact remains that there's something entertaining about watching a mystery unfold, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Sean McKenna)
Similar News ItemsA Beautiful Mind (2001)
- Warner Bros. plan new Dante’s Inferno film (From The Hollywood News. 20 August 2015, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. 2015 Fall / Holiday Movie Preview with New Photos (From MovieWeb. 12 August 2015, 10:29 PM, PDT)
- Countdown to TheGrill: 3 Questions with Brian Grazer (From The Wrap. 12 August 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Why Mr. Robot is the summer’s most (and least) original new series (From SoundOnSight. 26 August 2015, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- Katherine Heigl Cast in CBS Pilot Doubt, Replacing KaDee Strickland (From TVLine.com. 24 August 2015, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- 'Vendetta' Preview Gets Bloody with WWE's Big Show | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2015, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- How Did a Show Like Mr. Robot End Up on USA? (From Vulture. 27 August 2015, 6:34 AM, PDT)
- Ricky Gervais, are we underestimating you at Emmy Awards for 'Derek' swan song? (From Gold Derby. 23 August 2015, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- ABC Extends Deal With Mandeville Films (From Deadline TV. 20 July 2015, 1:17 PM, PDT)