A legendary warrior is joining Once Upon a Time’s second season.
Hangover 2 and Sucker Punch actress Jamie Chung has been cast as the Chinese fighter Mulan in the show. The character is expected to have a recurring role in the ABC hit’s eagerly awaited second season.
The character originates from an ancient Chinese poem about Hua Mulan, a young woman who takes her elderly father’s place in the army. ABC’s parent company Disney adapted the story for a well-received 1998 animated musical film starring Ming-Na and Eddie Murphy.
How will Mulan fit into the show’s current storyline? »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsEddie Murphy (I)
- Eddie Murphy Welcomes Daughter With Girlfriend Paige Butcher (From Uinterview. 4 May 2016, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome First Child Together (From E! Online. 3 May 2016, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- Sinead O'Connor Blames Arsenio Hall for Prince's Death (From MovieWeb. 3 May 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Sucker Punch (2011)
- 6 Divisive Directors Whose Work Is Always Interesting To Watch (From We Got This Covered. 24 April 2016, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Rumor: Sony Developing New First Party Spider-Man Game (From Cinelinx. 21 April 2016, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Cloris Leachman And Peter Stormare Cap Off Casting Spree For American Gods (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
Jamie Chung (I)
- Dragonball Evolution Writer Apologizes for Horrible Script (From MovieWeb. 3 May 2016, 6:09 PM, PDT)
- Chris D’Elia, Hannah Simone Comedy ‘Flock of Dudes’ Sells to Starz Digital (From The Wrap. 27 April 2016, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Courtney B. Vance Joins Cast of DreamWorks Ensemble Comedy, 'Office Christmas Party' (From ShadowAndAct. 19 April 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)