The union has 49 other states, but Massachusetts will make a particularly strong showing this Fourth of July.
The reason? The hosts of two of TV's biggest celebrations of America's birthday hail from there: Haverhill native Tom Bergeron ("Dancing With the Stars," "America's Funniest Home Videos") will make his "A Capitol Fourth" debut Wednesday, July 4, on PBS (check local listings); and later that night, Lowell-born, Andover-raised Emmy winner Michael Chiklis ("The Shield") will preside over CBS' "Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular" for the second consecutive year.
Bergeron will have impressive talents to introduce on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. They'll include Oscar-winning film composer John Williams, conducting the National Symphony Orchestra (to be led for most of the evening by Jack Everly) in his "Olympic Fanfare." Celebrating the upcoming Games in London, that segment also will feature eight-time medalist Apolo Anton Ohno, who knows Bergeron »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Which Celebs Got Engaged Over the Holidays? See the Rings! (From TooFab. 28 December 2014, 6:41 AM, PST)
- American Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Is Engaged - See His Fiancée's Ring! (From Popsugar. 27 December 2014, 9:53 AM, PST)
- Phillip Phillips Engaged (From Access Hollywood. 27 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/27/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 December 2014, 1:11 PM, PST)
- New Who Review – “Last Christmas” (From Comicmix. 26 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- See What Cheryl Burke Cooked for Her First Holiday Meal (From PEOPLE.com. 25 December 2014, 4:55 PM, PST)
Star Wars (1977)
- This Major Star Wars Character Might Get His Own Spin-Off Movie (From Cinema Blend. 28 December 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Box Office: 2015 Preview – Part 2 – Age of Star Wars (From Filmonic. 28 December 2014, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Aaron Paul Joins Han Solo Spin-Off Film? (From Dark Horizons. 28 December 2014, 10:47 AM, PST)