The notion that attraction should form the basis for partnerships intended to sustain parenthood retains an almost religious grip on the western mind. Other ways of doing things, such as the arrangement of marriages by family elders, are viewed with disgust and condescension. Yet the western way isn't working. Too frequently, unions forged in the crucible of mutual desire end up breaking down, thereby blighting the lives not just of the partners but of their children as well.
Unfortunately, desire usually fades, and the exigencies of parenthood accelerate the process. Though many are content to relinquish the thrill of infatuation for the satisfactions of family life, others aren't. The yen for romance that brought couples together may begin to drive them apart.
By exalting romantic love, »
- David Cox
Similar News ItemsThe Lord of the Rings (1978)
- HBO Profiles Stephen Sondheim, ABC’s Christmas Light Contest and NBC Starts Another Holiday “Sing-Off” (From The Backlot. 9 December 2013, 4:58 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 10:47 PM, PST)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review (From HeyUGuys. 8 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
No Strings Attached (2011/I)
- Simon Pegg Will ‘Man Up’ For Lake Bell (From The Hollywood News. 19 November 2013, 12:55 PM, PST)
- 'Arrested Development' cast does 'Inside the Actors Studio': 10 things we learned (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 November 2013, 7:29 AM, PST)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Drinking Buddies (From Disc Dish. 30 October 2013, 2:04 PM, PDT)
Friends with Benefits (2011)
- Thn Advent Calendar Day 3: Santa With Muscles (From The Hollywood News. 3 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Justin Timberlake says sometimes he just wants to f***ing kill everybody (From RealBollywood. 14 November 2013, 1:15 AM, PST)
- Cameron Diaz offers up a new take on Miss Hannigan on the set of Annie (From JoBlo. 12 November 2013, 1:20 PM, PST)