Who had more money thrown at him this weekend? A bong-smoking teddy bear with a bad attitude or Channing Tatum in a sparkly G-string?
Surprisingly, the stuffed animal proved the victor! Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane’s raunchy comedy Ted, which stars Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis, earned an impressive $54.1 million out of 3,239 theaters during its debut weekend—the third-best debut ever for an R rated comedy behind the openings of The Hangover Part II ($85.9 million) and Sex and the City ($57 million) — and the best debut ever for an original comedic storyline.
What went right? According to Universal’s President of Domestic Distribution, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- 'Gambit' Director Leaves for DC's 'Justice League Dark' (From Fandango. 25 August 2016, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros.' Dark Universe Gets A New Director (From TheMovieBit. 25 August 2016, 5:17 AM, PDT)
- Doug Liman to direct Justice League Dark movie, exits Gambit (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2016, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- Homeland Security on Leslie Jones Site Hack: 'Investigation is Currently Ongoing' (From Rolling Stone. 25 August 2016, 5:14 PM, PDT)
- Katy Perry -- Shows Pity for 'Catfish' Victim ... Shames Flyover States (Audio) (From TMZ. 25 August 2016, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Katy Perry Expresses Sadness Over ‘Catfish’ Man Who Believed He Was Speaking With The Singer For Six Years (From ET Canada. 25 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Sea of Trees’ Review: Matthew McConaughey Set Adrift in Gus Van Sant’s Listless Bummer (From The Wrap. 25 August 2016, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey: His best performances so far (From Hollywoodnews.com. 25 August 2016, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson Named World’s Highest-Paid Actor (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2016, 8:31 AM, PDT)