"Everybody dies. There’s nothing you can do about it. Whether or not you eat six almonds a day. Whether or not you believe in God," wrote Nora Ephron in her book I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections.
It's a typically acidic and witty observation from the author and filmmaker, who died in New York on June 26, aged 71, after suffering from acute myeloid leukaemia.
Ephron brought the same spiritedness to her screenplays, giving strength and depth to female characters so that they were the equal of their male counterparts in romantic comedy hits including When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless In Seattle.
Born in Manhattan on May 19, 1941 - although she would be brought up across the country in California - Ephron was also born into the business. Her parents, Henry and Phoebe, were successful Hollywood writers who penned film scripts including Carousel, There's No Business Like Showbusiness and Desk Set, »
- Amber Wilkinson
Similar News ItemsNora Ephron
- 15 finalists remain for nominations in Best Documentary Feature (From Hollywoodnews.com. 7 December 2016, 7:29 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2017 Documentary Shortlist Analysis: Netflix Edges Out HBO, and Other Snubs and Surprises (From Thompson on Hollywood. 6 December 2016, 2:34 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2017 Documentary Shortlist Analysis: Netflix Edges Out HBO, and Other Snubs and Surprises (From Indiewire. 6 December 2016, 2:34 PM, PST)
When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
- The Ultimate Rom-Com Showdown: Why When Harry Met Sally Is Still the Best Ever (From E! Online. 23 November 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Spotlights the Real-Life Women Who Fought for Newsroom Equality (From Indiewire. 31 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Spotlights the Real-Life Women Who Fought for Newsroom Equality (From Indiewire Television. 31 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
- 12 Of The Best #PassiveAggressiveFilms (Photos) (From The Wrap. 1 December 2016, 4:32 PM, PST)
- Rob Reiner’s incredible directing hot streak (From Den of Geek. 29 November 2016, 1:17 PM, PST)
- Make-Up Artist Leonard Engelman, Hair Stylist Barbara Lorenz Tapped for Lifetime Achievement Awards (From Variety - Film News. 16 November 2016, 8:04 AM, PST)