In the beginning Vince McMahon created the WWE and Sports Entertainment, and with it came merchandising agreements for t-shirts, toys and ah yes, the video game. This year comes Thq’s WWE 13, the latest wrestling game which promises an updated roster, lots of Attitude era features and appearances, the ability to break the ring Big Show style and much, much more.
Yes, the wrestling sim sure has come a long way since its early days. In this article we’ll take a look back at the history of the wrestling video game, their evolution and how they went from the poor alternative to Street Fighter and Double Dragon, to being big annual releases which even get their own angles on WWE TV.
The Federation Years
- David Pustansky
Similar News ItemsHulk Hogan
- WWE: 8 Wrestlers Expected To Get Big Pushes After WrestleMania 30 (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 3:43 AM, PDT)
- Cm Punk Returns To TV This Sunday On AMC’s The Talking Dead (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 2:57 AM, PDT)
- WWE: Why Ukraine Troubles Could Make Rusev And Lana Stars (From Obsessed with Film. 9 March 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Street Fighter (1994)
- 8 Brand New Posters For ‘Need For Speed’ (From The Hollywood News. 10 March 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Need For Speed Review (From The Hollywood News. 10 March 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Street Fighter Red Tape - Vega, You Cheater! (From GeekTyrant. 4 March 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) [us]
- WWE: 10 Stupidest Booking Decisions Ever (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- WWE Hall Of Fame: Ultimate Warrior To Be Inducted By Linda McMahon (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- WWE: 10 Best European Champions In History (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 4:49 AM, PDT)