Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Louie is a rare breed of television. Never before, at least to my knowledge, has a comedy series so successfully remained consistent in its style and humor while still achieving not just moments of genuine emotional resonance, but entire episodes worth throughout. One of the many reasons the series is so successful and unique is because of its active recognition that comedy and tragedy are just two sides of the same coin which are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Its subtly and seamlessly blended concoction of absurdity combined with my immense anticipation for the premiere may have contributed to my feeling that despite being an excellent episode of Louie, which included the demolition of a car and a motorcycle accident, “Something Is Wrong” nevertheless felt slightly underwhelming.
For two seasons the show has worked to establish its world in which the slightly fictionalized depiction of the titular »
- Joseph Kratzer
Similar News ItemsLouis C.K.
- Rushes. Louis C.K., Netflix vs. Film History, Twin Peaks Finale (From MUBI. 20 September 2017, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- Review: I Love You, Daddy (Tiff) (From JoBlo. 20 September 2017, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Deadspin Dwight Howard Is Fine | Jezebel Tell Us What You Know About the Louis C.K. (From The AV Club. 20 September 2017, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- The 10 Returning Shows Left in 2017 You Need to Know About (From Indiewire Television. 18 September 2017, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- The Strain Series Finale Recap: Master Blaster (From TVLine.com. 17 September 2017, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- Tiff 2017. Correspondences #12 (From MUBI. 17 September 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- The Power of Pamela on "Better Things" (From FilmExperience. 21 September 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- American Horror Story: Cult Recap: Another One in the Casket (From TVLine.com. 19 September 2017, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- The 10 Returning Shows Left in 2017 You Need to Know About (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 2:06 PM, PDT)