We start the Top 7. You finish the Top 10.
This week’s “Question of the Week” on Jeff Bayer’s “Movie B.S.” podcast is inspired by Ted — an R-rated comedy about a man and his teddy bear.
Sometimes when Hollywood is looking for ideas, they raid our toy boxes. In the past few years, we have seen plenty of toy franchises (and board games) get the big treatment, like Transformers and Battleship. We’ve also relived certain childhood nostalgia with the help of Pixar’s innocent Toy Story franchise.
This week, things change drastically with Ted, an R-rated comedy featuring a stuffed animal who some of us might recognize as our first friend. In honor of Ted and all teddy bears alike that are about to be seen in a different light, here are some childhood toys that also deserve to be made into an R-rated comedy.
7. Power Wheels
- Nick Allen
Similar News ItemsToy Story (1995)
- Bonnie Hunt Joins Ben Stiller’s Showtime Limited Series ‘Escape at Dannemora’ (From Variety - TV News. 13 September 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Rube Goldberg Machines in Movies (From Cinelinx. 13 September 2017, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- Visual Effects Society: The Top 70 VFX Films of All Time Include ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Blade Runner,’ and ‘Citizen Kane’ (From Indiewire. 12 September 2017, 2:32 PM, PDT)
Vince Vaughn (I)
- Tiff 2017 Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins the Coveted People’s Choice Award (From Indiewire. 17 September 2017, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Tiff 2017. Correspondences #11 (From MUBI. 16 September 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Weekend: Inside Friday’s Starry Festivities at UTA, Wme, CAA, Variety/Wif, Netflix, and Gersh (From Variety - TV News. 16 September 2017, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Chastain: "Molly's Game" (From SneakPeek. 16 September 2017, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Molly’s Game Review (From We Got This Covered. 11 September 2017, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- Tiff Review: ‘Molly’s Game’ is Undeniably Enjoyable and Hugely Forgettable (From The Film Stage. 10 September 2017, 5:10 PM, PDT)