Behold the face that launched a thousand paper airplanes.
In the romantic animated short Paperman, an office worker tries to get the attention of the woman of his dreams by sailing handmade aircraft across the canyon of a bustling Manhattan street from his skyscraper to hers.
He’s folding a 2-D format into a 3-D shape to make an emotional connection — which is also a good way of describing how Walt Disney Animation Studios created the film.
Paperman is a hybrid that fuses the dimension and depth of digital animation with the abstract warmth of traditional line art. The result »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsBeauty and the Beast (1991)
- Review: Fairy-tale mash-up 'Into The Woods' feels stagebound and small as a movie (From Hitfix. 26 December 2014, 9:45 PM, PST)
- Soundtracking: Best of 2014 (From Cineplex. 26 December 2014, 7:42 AM, PST)
- Western Fairytales Get Eastern Makeovers (From GeekTyrant. 22 December 2014, 12:31 PM, PST)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
- ‘Henry & Me’ Director on Yankee Cameos, Cutting Alex Rodriguez (From Variety - Film News. 20 December 2014, 5:40 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Worlds I Want in Kingdom Hearts 3 (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Director Shawn Levy talks Night at the Museum – Fmtv Exclusive (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
The Incredibles (2004)
- Animated Features Hunt for Respect in Crafts Awards (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- What 'Big Hero 6' could have learned from 'The Incredibles' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 10 November 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- 'Big Hero 6' Review: A Decent Tale of a Teen and His Robot (From Moviefone. 7 November 2014, 2:30 AM, PST)