Severed head resembling former president, once seen skewered on the walls of King's Landing, has been digitally replaced on HBO series.
By Josh Wigler
Former President George W. Bush has lost his head — again."Game of Thrones" made headlines earlier this month when it was revealed that one of the heads lining the walls of King's Landing in the season one finale resembled the former U.S. commander-in-chief. HBO responded by immediately issuing an apology, pulling the episode from their streaming and online services, and even halting home-video shipments of the season.Now, the episode is back online, and Bush's head has been erased, the Washington Post reports. In his stead is a generic, weak-chinned Westerosi, with a sad frown that pretty much epitomizes the unexpectedly dramatic situation.
George W. Bush's Head and Other ' »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Wil Wheaton's Show Cancelled by Syfy After One Season (From The Wrap. 29 August 2014, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- Ben Barnes is the Seventh Son in new trailer with Julianne Moore, Jeff Bridges (From Cineplex. 29 August 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- This 'Game of Thrones' special effects reel shows the magic behind Westeros (From EW.com - Inside TV. 29 August 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
George W. Bush
- How Politicizing Batman Gets Dangerous (From SoundOnSight. 23 August 2014, 8:42 PM, PDT)
- Never Say Die: 21 highlights from Josh Brolin's terrific,'Goonies'-heavy Reddit Ama (From Hitfix. 21 August 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Cara Delevingne in Talks for a Beach Boys Movie Musical, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence Have a “Super-Romantic” Date + More of Today’s First Dibs (From VH1.com. 21 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: ‘Game of Thrones’ Cast Past and Present Take Als Ice Bucket Challenge (From Variety - TV News. 27 August 2014, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- "Game of Thrones" Stars: No Facebook or Instagram on Set! (From TooFab. 27 August 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Award Winners Dominated by 'Breaking Bad' (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 August 2014, 7:33 AM, PDT)