Mia Wasikowska is reportedly no longer being considered for role in 'Hunger Games' sequel.
By Kevin P. Sullivan
Fans of "The Hunger Games" have been keeping a close eye on two yet-to-be-cast roles in the upcoming sequel "Catching Fire" as the follow-up gets ready to move into production. Rumors about the part of Finnick Odair have floated around for months, but talk about who might be cast as Johanna Mason has only picked up this week.The latest word on who might play the former champion for District 7 comes from Entertainment Weekly, which is reporting that Jena Malone is in the running for the role.
Last week, the first rumors about the role began to circulate. According to the Playlist, both Mia Wasikowska and model Zoe Aggeliki were in the mix for Johanna. In its report about Malone, EW also confirmed that Wasikowska was neither in the »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Amy Adams' Boobs More Shocking Than Bradley Cooper's Perm on Set of American Hustle (From E! Online. 17 May 2013, 6:12 PM, PDT)
- Cannes jewellery heist takes shine off stars on red carpet day (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 May 2013, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- CoverGirl Pretties Up ‘Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 May 2013, 1:19 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Afternoon Delight: Katee Sackhoff's big guns in the "Riddick" trailer, Covergirl announces "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" collection (From AfterEllen.com. 17 May 2013, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- News Nuggets: Women in film greatly underrepresented, according to study (From Gold Derby. 17 May 2013, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Hunger Games Writer to Take on the Sci-Fi Film Departure (From GeekTyrant. 17 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Tilda Swinton And Tom Hiddleston Are Vampires In Heat In Only Lovers Left Alive Clips (From Cinema Blend. 15 May 2013, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- Watch: The One Vampire Movie We Need to See Is Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive' (From Movies.com. 15 May 2013, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Ift Adds “Cell” To Cannes Slate (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 15 May 2013, 10:27 AM, PDT)