Jack Osbourne's announcement that he has been diagnosed with a form of multiple sclerosis (Ms) is the latest case of a celebrity or famous name deciding to make public knowledge what is clearly already a huge private challenge.
Famous names from Kylie Minogue and Cheryl Crowe to Martin Kemp and Russell Watson have all at various times revealed intimate details of conditions and treatments they have undergone, sometimes not until a long time afterwards, but often impressively forthrightly.
Jack Osbourne has resolved that life will go on as usual following his Ms diagnosis
Obviously, for some there is no choice in the matter. Fans around the world were horrified when Christopher Reeve was thrown from his horse and suffered a neck injury that changed his life. They were equally inspired as he spent the rest of his life drawing attention to the need for advancements in stem cell research, »
- Caroline Frost
Similar News ItemsKylie Minogue
- Kylie Minogue: 'I'm not sure if I'll return to The Voice UK' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 March 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Kylie Minogue defends Miley Cyrus's X-rated stage antics (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 11:10 PM, PDT)
- Keith Lemon wants Kylie Minogue on Celebrity Juice (From Virgin Media - TV. 11 March 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
Jack Osbourne (I)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman dies, aged 46: Tributes and reactions (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 February 2014, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Jack Osbourne backing mum Sharon for Strictly (From Virgin Media - TV. 3 January 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Sharon Osbourne could sign for Strictly Come Dancing, says son Jack (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 January 2014, 2:41 AM, PST)
- New DVD Blu-ray: '12 Years a Slave,' 'Catching Fire,' 'An American Tail' (From Moviefone. 4 March 2014, 8:30 AM, PST)
- The movies that never win Oscars: Harry Potter, James Bond, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 February 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Comics on Film: The Evolution of the Superhero Movie (From Movies.com. 26 February 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)