It looks like Paramount has finally learned their lesson the very, very hard way. After scuttling three movies slated for a 2012 release into 2013 -- "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters," "World War Z" and "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" -- it seems studio executives have decided to actually read the script of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," and they don't like what they see. They really don't like it.
Even though pre-production was underway in Vancouver, with a Christmas 2013 release date planned, the studio has put "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on indefinite hold and pushed the release date back. No word on what exactly were the issues behind the scenes, but it seems inconceivable to us that a movie about four talking turtles with martial arts skills from an alien planet (or something), with a sewer rat for a sensei, could possibly have story problems...right?
But the effects of the cancellation/hiatus on the pic have further reaching consequences. »
- Kevin Jagernauth
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- Transformers Braintrust Adds Two Female Writers (From Collider.com. 2 June 2015, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Transformers Brain Trust Gains Christina Hodson, Lindsey Beer (From We Got This Covered. 2 June 2015, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- No Boys Club In ‘Transformers’ Writers Room: Christina Hodson, Lindsey Beer Join Brain Trust (From Deadline. 2 June 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
World War Z (2013)
- Game of Thrones Season Five – Episode 8 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 1 June 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Justice Dept. Asks AMC Entertainment for Documents in Exhibition Antitrust Probe (From Variety - Film News. 1 June 2015, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- Game Of Thrones season 5 episode 8 review: Hardhome (From Den of Geek. 1 June 2015, 6:58 AM, PDT)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)
- Watch the first two clips from Terminator Genisys (From Flickeringmyth. 1 June 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series Season 2 Premiering on August 25th (From DailyDead. 1 June 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Check Out Concept Art From George Miller’s Cancelled Justice League Movie (From TheMovieBit. 1 June 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)