If you've never heard of Japan's suicide forest and are looking for a good chill to send tingling down your spine, do yourself a favor... Google it and then turn every single one of the lights on and pray to whatever you believe. It truly is the stuff of nightmares.
Deadline reports that producers Roy Lee and Taka Ichise are teaming on a live action feature adaptation of The Suicide Forest, the graphic novel from Idw Publishing. They’ve attached Hideo Nakata to direct. He helmed Ring, which hatched The Ring, and he directed The Ring Two, but let's forget about that last bit, shall we? I still have CGI deer running through my head.
The first in a series of four graphic novels written by El Torres with artwork by Gabriel Hernandez, the thriller revolves around Aokigahara, a vast forest outside Tokyo which is called the most famous suicide spot in the world. »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsRoy Lee (I)
- Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson getting a biopic produced by Leonardo DiCaprio (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 10:45 AM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio producing Calvin & Hobbes creator biopic (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 December 2013, 3:59 AM, PST)
- Will Spike Lee Do the Right Thing in Poster Art Dispute? (From Dread Central. 30 November 2013, 1:34 PM, PST)
The Ring (2002)
- See Jason Momoa in Sundance’s The Red Road (From Vulture. 18 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Win a Copy of Mischief Night on DVD (From Dread Central. 17 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Mischief Night Clip Arrives to Stalk You (From Dread Central. 16 December 2013, 12:26 PM, PST)
Hideo Nakata (I)
- Monsterz to Be Turned Loose in Japan (From Dread Central. 18 December 2013, 1:48 PM, PST)
- UK to Discover The Complex in January 2014 (From Dread Central. 6 December 2013, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Director Jason Zada to Helm David Goyer's 'The Forest' (From FEARnet. 5 November 2013, 1:46 PM, PST)