Who’s fastest? That’s the question explored in the latest MotoGP documentary from filmmaker Mark Neale, his follow-up to Faster and The Doctor, The Tornado and the Kentucky Kid. Motorsports have been featured in a few docs recently, with TT3D: Closer to the Edge and Senna having been released in the last year or so. Great timing, then, for the release of Fastest.
The film opens with a breathtaking final lap from a MotoGP race. The two lead riders enter the final lap neck and neck. Trading the lead several times, they keep the crowd guessing until the very final corner. To a viewer more accustomed to Formula 1, where races are generally won through tactics and track conditions, and overtaking is a rare and precious thing, it is a revelation.
- Barry Steele
Similar News ItemsValentino Rossi
- Brad Pitt Brings Son Knox, 7, to the 2015 British Motorcycle Grand Prix—See the Sweet Photos! (From E! Online. 30 August 2015, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- Hitting the Apex review – the rising generation of Moto Gp riders (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 August 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Fastest Movie Review, Trailer, Pictures & News (From Sky Movies. 8 May 2014, 3:09 AM, PDT)
TT3D: Closer to the Edge (2011)
- Road Review (From HeyUGuys. 10 June 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Isle of Man set to acquire nearly 20% in Pinewood Shepperton Studios (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 June 2012, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen reels in older viewers at the UK box office (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 April 2012, 3:04 AM, PDT)
- Fábrica unveils 'Sea Of Cortez' (From ScreenDaily. 11 November 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Fábrica de Cine unveils 'Sea Of Cortez' (From ScreenDaily. 11 November 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Afm'15: Josh Brolin to Narrate Doc 'Unchained: The Untold Story of the Freestyle Motocross' (From Sydney's Buzz. 26 October 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)