Robert De Niro has unveiled plans for his first Nobu hotel in Las Vegas.
The 180-room luxury hotel, featuring a Nobu restaurant, will open at the end of 2012, and the movie star and chef Nobu Matsuhisa launched the venture to the media on Sunday night at the original Nobu in Manhattan's Tribeca.
The first Nobu Hotel is scheduled to open at Caesars Palace on 1 October.
Designer David Rockwell, who is the man behind the look of the W hotels and the Oscars, is the brains behind the decor for De Niro's new hotel, which will feature a massive new Nobu restaurant full of private dining areas for celebrity guests - like the Cape Fear star.
De Niro, who was back in New York surveying the damage done to his apartment in a fire last week (ends10Jun12), said, "I think it's going to be great. It's that simple."
Similar News ItemsRobert De Niro
- ‘The Hobbit’ Knocks ‘Frozen’ Off Top of Home Video Sales Chart (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal Explain Why the Tribeca Film Festival Isn't Going Anywhere (From Indiewire. 16 April 2014, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: Robert De Niro Admits He Hasn’t Seen Any of Tribeca’s Films This Year (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Cape Fear (1991)
- Manoeuvring (From MUBI. 15 April 2014, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Most Memorable Tattoos Featured in Movies (From GeekTyrant. 7 April 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Juliette Lewis at 40: 'I Quit My Bull-- at 22' (From PEOPLE.com. 10 March 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
David Rockwell (III)
- Oscars: Susan Sarandon to Help Design Greenroom (From The Hollywood Reporter. 31 January 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Super Bowl: It Costs at Least $400,000 for a Suite to Avoid the Cold (From The Hollywood Reporter. 31 January 2014, 12:09 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman exits upcoming 'Houdini' musical citing scheduling conflicts (From EW.com - PopWatch. 23 December 2013, 3:14 PM, PST)