Cast members from hit sitcom Happy Days are preparing for a court battle in their ongoing fight with TV bosses for a cut of profits from merchandising sales.
Actors Marion Ross, Anson Williams, Don Most and Erin Moran and the widow of Tom Bosley launched a $10 million (£6.3 million) lawsuit against CBS network chiefs last year, accusing them of committing fraud by withholding money from sales of Happy Days-themed memorabilia which features their images.
They were handed cheques ranging from $6,000 (£3,750) to $6,500 (£4,063) as compensation, but the stars vowed to press ahead with their case.
They suffered a setback in October when a Los Angeles Superior Court judge threw out the fraud claim, but the fight continued as a breach of contract case.
Last week (ends08Jun12), a judge ruled the lawsuit could go to trial and set a start date of 17 July - and Most, who portrayed Ralph Malph on the show, is looking forward to his day in court.
During an interview on U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Monday, he admitted he was surprised to learn that his former Happy Days co-star Henry Winkler had signed a different contract from the rest of the cast and secured his own financial future with profits from merchandise featuring his character The Fonz.
He said, "I never received anything for all of that merchandise. (Winkler) had separate deals from the five of us. Henry's been being paid for merchandise all this time. Isn't that funny Henry was paid but we weren't? So there's something not right about that."
Similar News Items"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Thor: Ragnarok Superpower Of Stem Challenge (From Look to the Stars. 15 September 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Talks “First They Killed My Father” On “Gma” (Video) (From GossipCop. 15 September 2017, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Fuller House Season 3 Trailer Honors a Tanner Family Anniversary — Watch (From TVLine.com. 15 September 2017, 6:25 AM, PDT)
Ron Howard (I)
- Paul Bettany Wraps Work On 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 16 September 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Movie Sets Course for 2 Iconic Star Wars Planets? (From MovieWeb. 16 September 2017, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Story Clues Point To Two Classic Star Wars Planets (From We Got This Covered. 16 September 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
"Happy Days" (1974)
- Scott Baio’s Wife Tells Sandy Hook Mom ‘Maybe Your Children Are in a Better Place’ (From The Wrap. 26 August 2017, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Sandy Hook Victim’s Sister Slams Scott Baio: ‘His Apology Is Not Real’ (From The Wrap. 25 August 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- New Bold And The Beautiful Storyline Teasers For August 28 to Sept 1,2017 Episodes Revealed (From OnTheFlix. 25 August 2017, 12:59 PM, PDT)