Magnolia Pictures has released the first trailer and poster for The Queen of Versailles, director Lauren Greenfield's critically-acclaimed documentary arriving in theaters July 20. Take a look at how one billionaire family is affected by the recession in this trailer, then check out the 1-sheet.
The Queen Of Versailles - Trailer
Directed by lauded filmmaker and photographer Lauren Greenfield, who won the U.S. Directing Award for Documentary Film at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival for this film, The Queen of Versailles is a character-driven documentary about a billionaire family and their financial challenges in the wake of the economic crisis.
With epic proportions of Shakespearean tragedy, the film follows two unique characters, whose rags-to-riches success stories reveal the innate virtues and flaws of the American Dream. The film begins with the family triumphantly constructing the biggest house in America, a 90,000 sq. ft. palace. Over the next two years, their sprawling empire, »
Similar News ItemsMagnolia Pictures [us]
- ICM Partners Signs ‘I Am Not Your Negro’ Director Raoul Peck (From Deadline. 12 January 2017, 1:16 PM, PST)
- DGA Nominations Boost Oscar Documentary Contenders (From Thompson on Hollywood. 11 January 2017, 10:46 AM, PST)
- DGA Nominations Boost Oscar Documentary Contenders (From Indiewire. 11 January 2017, 10:46 AM, PST)
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ Star, David Siegel’s Daughter, Dies at 18 (From Variety - Film News. 8 June 2015, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Exclusive Clip from 'Queen of Versailles' Director Lauren Greenfield's 'Beauty CULTure' (From Indiewire Television. 22 May 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- DGA Awards: ‘Birdman’ Wins Best Feature Film for Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (From Variety - TV News. 7 February 2015, 8:26 PM, PST)
The Queen of Versailles (2012)
- Sundance: Documentary ‘City of Ghosts’ Wins Candescent Award (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 12:13 AM, PST)
- Why Not a Documentary for Best Picture? (From Variety - Film News. 4 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Having the Right Agent Could Make or Break Your Movie (From Indiewire. 23 September 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)