Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen sealed their style credentials as they picked up a top honour at the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards on Monday.
The former child stars-turned-fashion moguls saw off competition from Marc Jacobs to be named Womenswear Designer of the Year for their collection The Row.
Designer Zac Posen, who mentored Ashley while she was in college, took to Twitter.com to praise the actresses, writing, "Congratulations to all the Cfda winners & nominees. So proud of my old intern Ashley Olsen!! Well deserved."
Pirates of the Caribbean hunk Johnny Depp was also celebrated at the New York City event - he became the first male to be named a Fashion Icon by the Cfda for his "personal and eclectic sense of style".
The actor was not present to pick up his trophy, which was accepted by Cry-Baby director John Waters on Depp's behalf.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Jamie Dornan Brings Christian Grey's Smoldering Looks to Life (From BuzzSugar. 4 December 2013, 3:22 PM, PST)
- Pop Culture Pet Peeve: Movies that include pets just to kill them (From EW.com - PopWatch. 4 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)
- 'Fast & Furious 7' production halted after Paul Walker's death (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 4 December 2013, 10:22 AM, PST)
- Fashion Face-Off! Ashley Olsen vs. Ariana Grande in Camel Coats (From E! Online. 26 November 2013, 12:03 PM, PST)
- Vanessa Hudgens, Allison Williams & More Starlets At Cdfa/Vogue Event (From HollywoodLife. 13 November 2013, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Ashley Olsen has no time for acting (From RealBollywood. 12 November 2013, 5:10 PM, PST)
- Taylor Swift’s Vs Fashion Show Dress, Katy Perry & More Stylish Stars (From HollywoodLife. 15 November 2013, 3:27 PM, PST)
- The Hollywood Reporter Launches New Style Website Pret-a-Reporter (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 November 2013, 5:55 PM, PST)
- Uma Thurman Dazzles in 2014 Campari Calendar – See Sexy Pics! (From TooFab. 11 November 2013, 12:30 PM, PST)