In honor of Depp's performance with the Black Keys, we take a look back at his lifelong love affair with rock.
Photo: Jeff Kravitz/ FilmMagic
As if his myriad of tattoos or swaggering, Keith Richards-indebted performances as Captain Jack Sparrow weren't proof enough, Johnny Depp's MTV Movie Awards jam session with the Black Keys definitely served notice that the Hollywood icon knows a thing or two about rock.
Of course, that Sunday-night performance — in lieu of a traditional acceptance speech for his MTV Generation Award, Depp opted instead to tear through a pair of tunes with the Keys — was just his latest rock and roll moment. Long before he was a big-screen star, music was Depp's first passion ... not to mention the reason he moved to Los Angeles in the first place.
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Johnny Depp Finds Newfound Acting Freedom in 'Not Giving a F---' (From PEOPLE.com. 26 November 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Johnny Depp on Career Expectations: I've Learned to "not Give a F—" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 November 2014, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Johnny Depp on His Recent Critical Flops: I Just Don't Give a F*ck (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 1:55 PM, PST)
- The Horror Show (1989) review (From MoreHorror. 23 November 2014, 6:49 PM, PST)
- Monster Mogul: George A. Romero And His Legion Of The Undead (From CinemaRetro. 18 November 2014, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Ghostface Getting Makeover for MTV (From Boomtron. 17 November 2014, 5:07 PM, PST)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Scream Factory Delays The Phantom of the Opera (1989) Blu-ray Release (From DailyDead. 22 November 2014, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Pifff Day 1: Three Promising Debuts in Time Lapse, Housebound, and Nightcrawler (From Collider.com. 20 November 2014, 10:19 PM, PST)
- Indie Spotlight: Lovecraft, Red Love, ZombieWorld, Lindsay Seim (From DailyDead. 16 November 2014, 11:04 AM, PST)