Former "Seinfeld" star Jason Alexander is apologizing after comments he made on Craig Ferugson's "The Late Late Show" were deemed homophobic by a number of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (Lgbt) media outlets.
Alexander took some heat in the blogosphere last week after he deemed cricket a "gay sport," and even referred to the cricket pitch as "queer" and not manly.
"You know how I know it's really kind of a gay game? It's the pitch," Alexander noted in the interview, as cited by Towleroad. "It's the weirdest… It's not like a manly baseball pitch; it's a queer British gay pitch."
Noting that he "truly did not understand" the offensiveness of his remarks, the 52-year-old actor released a statement via the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), in which he noted:
"The problem is that today, as I write this, young men and women whose behaviors, choices or attitudes »
- Curtis M. Wong
Similar News Items"Seinfeld" (1989)
- TheWrap Screening Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Hopes ‘Enough Said’ Opens Dramatic Doors (From The Wrap. 18 December 2013, 12:38 PM, PST)
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Acura Ads Are So Bad, They’re Good (From Tubefilter News. 18 December 2013, 10:06 AM, PST)
- Jerry Seinfeld on the Lost Art of Creating Fun TV Spots (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2013, 1:23 PM, PST)
Jason Alexander (I)
- 'Kirstie' Alley: 'I didn't want my name in the title' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Kirstie: TV Review (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Three comedy legends return in 'Kirstie' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 26 November 2013, 7:10 PM, PST)
"The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" (1999)
- Demi Lovato: Being Young Isn’t About Using Molly — Dissing Miley Cyrus? (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 7:17 AM, PST)
- Midnight Madness: More Networks Are Staying Up Past Your Bedtime (From Variety - TV News. 11 December 2013, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Aisha Tyler calls Kanye West 'the straight, black Liberace' -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 December 2013, 7:49 AM, PST)