You haven't heard of Richard's Wedding? Don't feel too uninformed. There's been absolutely no advance buzz on writer/director/actor Onur Tukel's deliriously droll walk in the park -- Central Park, that is. With no stars in it, no major studio behind it, and no budget to promote it, this at times combustibly funny look at New York's aging children (mostly in the 30-to-40-year-old range) will be screening at Brooklyn's pioneering reRun Gastropub Theater until June 7. After that, who knows?
"This is a shande!" my Yiddish grandmother would have kvetched. "A great shame!"
Being one of the few films of the summer to rely totally on wit while not starring Taylor Kitsch, Richard's Wedding overwhelms at first, possibly because we're expecting so little. After all, this is an eensy-weensy American indie. But minute by minute, the jokes get funnier, the neuroses more elaborate, and the penetration into modern »
- Brandon Judell
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Marion Cotillard Sheds Star Skin, Taps Into Depression for ‘Two Days, One Night’ (From The Wrap. 24 December 2014, 6:52 AM, PST)
- Why Hollywood Isn’t Freaking Over Bummer 2014 Box Office (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 5:56 PM, PST)
- 31 Great '80s Movies on Netflix Streaming (From Moviefone. 22 December 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Best Canadian Movies of 2014: Films and Moments That Ruled the Big Screen (From Moviefone. 22 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Giveaway – Win The Grand Seduction on DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 22 December 2014, 12:40 AM, PST)
- Competition: Win ‘The Grand Seduction’ on DVD (From Blogomatic3000. 19 December 2014, 8:27 AM, PST)
- ‘The Interview’ Review: Seth Rogen & James Franco’s Christmas Turkey (From Deadline New York. 24 December 2014, 4:44 PM, PST)
- Skip Lievsay to Receive Motion Picture Sound Editors Career Achievement Award (From Variety - Film News. 18 December 2014, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Watch: Haunting Trailer For Nick Broomfield's Serial Killer Doc 'Tales Of The Grim Sleeper' (From The Playlist. 17 December 2014, 3:35 PM, PST)