Actress Olivia Wilde secretly battled weight and sleep issues following her marriage split last year.
The Tron: Legacy star admits she went through "a manic phase" following her break-up with husband Tao Ruspoli, and she turned to food to "self-medicate" after initially losing weight during a battle with insomnia.
In a candid new interview with TV talk show presenter Amanda De Cadenet, Wilde explains, "I lost a bunch of weight and I was really never sleeping... I moved in with a girlfriend and she said, 'You don't sleep; you sleep three hours a night!'
"Then you go through a period where you're self-medicating with something to fill a void because you have created a void by removing someone from you. There's a chunk missing and people fill it with all sorts of things.
"I definitely self-medicate with food, that's my thing; I love to cook. I always convince myself, 'It's better than crack cocaine, so I guess it's Ok...' Food is like a hug on the inside.
"I'm a healthy person, but I definitely packed it on because I wanted to feel a buffer between me and the pain, because the world started getting really scary and new relationships (and) dating was a lot more painful than I ever imagined."
But the actress is glad she went through the hell of 2011 - because now she feels she's a better person for all the pain: "Learning to be by myself and be Ok with it and not need the validation of another human being, that has been the biggest challenge. But I know coming out of that I'll be a better person, a better partner eventually for someone."
Similar News ItemsOlivia Wilde
- These Couples Ignited the Met Gala Red Carpet Over the Years (From E! Online. 27 April 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde Sends Adorable Birthdays Wishes to Her 'Magic Boy' Son Otis (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 April 2017, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- Jake Johnson Talks ‘Win It All,’ His Scorsese/De Niro Relationship With Joe Swanberg, And More (From The Playlist. 8 April 2017, 7:16 AM, PDT)
TRON: Legacy (2010)
- Ang Lee In Talks To Direct Gemini Man (From We Got This Covered. 23 April 2017, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Gemini Man could finally be coming to the screen, with Ang Lee directing (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Sigourney Weaver Might Be Digitally De-Aged for 'Alien' Prequels (From Movies.com. 17 April 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Rome wrap: 'Angry Indian Goddesses' wins top prize (From ScreenDaily. 26 October 2015, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Are the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys Going on Tour Together? Is Ireland Baldwin Dating Olivia Wilde's Ex? Find Out Now! (From E! Online. 9 October 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Alec Baldwin Teases Ireland Baldwin About Reports She's Dating Olivia Wilde's Ex-Husband (From E! Online. 9 October 2015, 5:50 AM, PDT)