Alan Titchmarsh is the sycophant in the room at the jubilee
Jeremy Paxman, John Humphrys – watch out. There's a new hard man in town, a pit bull of interrogation. Ok, Alan Titchmarsh has been around for ever, but here in Elizabeth: Queen, Wife, Mother (ITV), he reaches new levels of bad-dogness.
How about this for a question, to Princess Anne: "As the only girl in the family of boys, the Queen could be a more direct role model for you than for you brothers – did that feeling occur to you?" No, not really, says Anne. But Titch isn't going to let it go: he won't be brushed aside, he has her in the corner now, he's going in for the kill. "Can I ask you," he inquires, "about the Queen's strength as a mother?"
Or take this to Prince William, as they wander through Clarence House: "Sir, do you »
- Sam Wollaston
Similar News ItemsPrince William
- How Will and Kate Are Spending a Kid-Free Night in Yukon During Their Canadian Tour (From PEOPLE.com. 27 September 2016, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Present a Special Honor on Their Canadian Tour (From Popsugar. 27 September 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Sit Beside Justin Trudeau At Their Royal Tour Welcome Ceremony (From Uinterview. 27 September 2016, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- A Look at Charming Prince Philip Through the Years (From Popsugar. 25 August 2016, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- 6 Things to Know About the 'Lovely Chap' Who Has Captured Princess Eugenie's Heart (From PEOPLE.com. 16 August 2016, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Princess Eugenie Reveals Her Remarkably Ordinary Life (From PEOPLE.com. 9 August 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Investigation Underway After Video Emerges of Queen's Officer Snorting Powdery Substance Off Sword in Palace (From PEOPLE.com. 12 September 2016, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Granny's at the Wheel! Queen Elizabeth Takes Princess Kate Out for a Weekend Drive in Balmoral (From PEOPLE.com. 11 September 2016, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Princess Anne Admitted to Hospital with 'Bad Chest Infection' (From PEOPLE.com. 9 September 2016, 4:30 AM, PDT)