Potters Bluff is a quaint seaside town in Rhode Island that’s “the size of a postage stamp” according to its Sheriff, Dan Gillis (James Farentino). He has a beautiful wife, Janet (Melody Anderson), and the respect of the townspeople. It’s the kind of place where everyone is happy to see you, and they hope you’ll stick around for a long, long, time.
However, Sheriff Gillis has a problem no civil servant wants to have: His small town has been the site of several mysterious tourist murders. With the help of the local coroner, Mr. Dobbs (Jack Albertson), the poor Sheriff is in a no-win situation as bodies keep showing up.
Written by Dan O’ Bannon (Alien) and Ronald Shusett, Dead & Buried is the kind of really weird, and chokingly atmospheric horror movie they just don’t make anymore. Everything is shrouded in fog, day and night. And everyone acts a little strangely, »
- Derek Botelho
Similar News ItemsAlien (1979)
- Naked Space Vampires, Sex, and Tobe Hooper’s ‘Lifeforce’ (From SoundOnSight. 13 October 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Alistair Hope to deliver Lff Connects: Games talk (From ScreenDaily. 12 October 2015, 4:58 AM, PDT)
- Sequel Buzz: 'Alien: Paradise Lost' Plot Details; Plus: The Future of the 'Terminator' Franchise (From Movies.com. 8 October 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Robert Englund Shocker The Funhouse Massacre Locks Theatrical Release (From shocktillyoudrop. 13 October 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Robert Englund’s ‘Funhouse Massacre’ Set for November Release (From Variety - Film News. 9 October 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Nosferatu: A Symphony Of Horror, Telluride Horror Show Update, Vampirella #1, Syfy’s Ominous, Storm King at Nycc (From DailyDead. 8 October 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- The 10 Best Makeup Effects in Film (From Cinelinx. 4 October 2015, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Kid-Friendly Fright Flicks for the Halloween Season (From DailyDead. 2 October 2015, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Jurassic World,’ ‘The Martian’ Highlight Visual Effects Oscar Race (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)