Last week saw the release of Alexander Payne’s Oscar-winning The Descendants and Steven Soderbergh’s Haywire, and this week brings to our shelves the other big winner at the Academy Awards three months ago, Michel Hazanavicius’ The Artist, alongside (as ever) a slew of other brilliant films.
In tandem with the Universal 100th Anniversary Editions that have already started rolling out, Play begin releasing their exclusive Blu-ray Steelbooks of some of the films this week, and if you’re a fan of Universal’s recent and classic catalogue, you’ll definitely want to invest in more than a few of these, priced at a very reasonable £9.99. There’ll be more of these in the weeks and months to come, as well as non-100th Anniversary Steelbook re-releases, so keep your eyes peeled.
My personal picks of the week:
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- 11 Actresses Who’ve Called Out Hollywood on Sexism (Photos) (From The Wrap. 26 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Anthology Film Archives Announces ‘Woman With a Movie Camera: Female Film Directors Before 1950’ Program (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Why Marvel's TV Shows Need To Cut And Run From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Films (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2016, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Votd: ‘The Animated Adventures of Firefly’ Is What The World Needs Right Now (From Slash Film. 23 August 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Jeph Loeb Teases An Edgier And Grittier Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. In Season 4 (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2016, 11:26 AM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Five Important Lessons Hollywood Needs To Learn (From Cinelinx. 27 August 2016, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- Favorite Actors Named Chris: Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, and Chris Pine (From Cineplex. 26 August 2016, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- “Ghoulish” Gary Pullin’s Spock Art on Display in Traveling Exhibit, New Star Trek Beer Announced (From DailyDead. 26 August 2016, 8:14 AM, PDT)