French actress Audrey Tautou is upset late moviemaker Claude Miller missed out on seeing his new movie Therese Desqueyroux at the Cannes Film Festival because they planned to attend the event together.
Miller passed away last month, just weeks after he finished editing the movie, which stars Tautou and Gilles Lellouche.
Cannes bosses announced Therese Desqueyroux would close the annual film festival in France in tribute to Miller, and Tautou admits it was a sombre experience walking the red carpet on Sunday without her friend.
She tells the Associated Press, "Claude really gave us a life lesson on the shoot of Therese. When you see the film he made - brilliant and unrelenting - you think how crazy it is that a film like that could be made with such simplicity."
Recalling some of her final conversations with Miller, she adds, "I remember... The thing is, right until the end his eyes would sparkle. He was so bright and passionate.
"We'd talk about movies, about Therese. Oh, we'd talk about Cannes! He said when we go to Cannes, we'll have to dress nicely."
Similar News ItemsAudrey Tautou
- Watch the UK trailer for Jacques Cousteau biopic ‘The Odyssey’ (From The Hollywood News. 20 June 2017, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Why foreign-language films are struggling in UK cinemas (From ScreenDaily. 2 June 2017, 1:18 AM, PDT)
- China's Hishow acquires Gaumont duo (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Jews in the News, Cannes (From Sydney's Buzz. 4 June 2017, 10:01 PM, PDT)
- Studiocanal To Introduce ‘Russian Spy,’ ‘Sink or Swim,’ ‘The Little Witch’ at Cannes (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 11 May 2017, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- In Defense of Tribeca: Closing Notes from the 2017 Film Festival (From MUBI. 4 May 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- The Forgotten: Claude Miller's "Deadly Circuit" (1983) (From MUBI. 31 May 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Springtime in L.A.: Colcoa (From Sydney's Buzz. 20 April 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Sandrine Kiberlain named Caméra d’or jury president (From ScreenDaily. 11 April 2017, 3:31 AM, PDT)