.We wanted The Tunnel to appear real in every way., says Harvey, producer and co-creator of the hit Australian horror film, .but for Event Zero, we.re going for a hugely cinematic feel. Hopefully people will be caught off guard by what we accomplished with the money we had. We wanted to show people that we could tackle the big scenes..
Event Zero is a collection of seven stories all centered on a train derailment near Circular Quay. When the emergency services arrive at the scene, seemingly unaffected people begin to die. The story is loosely based on the 1995 Sarin gas attacks in Tokyo.
Tedeschi and Harvey received funding for Event Zero through Screen Australia and Movie Extra after their concept won the 2012 Movie Extra Webfest 2.0 competition. »
- Matthew Worboys
Similar News Items"Terra Nova" (2011)
- Scarlett Johansson featured in new Ghost in the Shell behind-the-scenes image (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2016, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Ghost In The Shell' Production Calls In Japanese Giants To Offer Blessing, Amidst Controversy (From LatinoReview. 6 July 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Ghost in the Shell producer addresses Scarlett Johansson casting controversy (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2016, 1:45 PM, PDT)
"Home and Away" (1988)
- Chris Hemsworth Will Return as George Kirk in Star Trek 4 (From MovieWeb. 18 July 2016, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Martin Dingle Wall Joins Simon West’s ‘Salty’; Carter MacIntyre Climbs Aboard ‘Hunter Killer’ (From Deadline. 13 July 2016, 8:14 PM, PDT)
- Todd Lasance Joins "The Flash" Season 3 (From Dark Horizons. 13 July 2016, 9:06 AM, PDT)
Screen Australia [au]
- Gender Matters: Screen Australia pledges $3 million to female-helmed projects (From IF.com.au. 12 July 2016, 4:25 AM, PDT)
- Sbs commissions second season of The Family Law (From IF.com.au. 26 June 2016, 8:39 PM, PDT)
- Cleverman season two to begin shooting in Sydney later this year (From IF.com.au. 2 June 2016, 4:09 PM, PDT)