In the advertisement, the openly gay actress applauds Obama for publicly endorsing same-sex marriage in a TV interview earlier this month.
The narration begins with Lynch declaring, "In 2008, our country elected a leader who not only acknowledged the Lgbt (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community, but who embraced it. He counted us as friends. We elected a man who understood our struggles and who has pushed the nation forward towards equality."
Lynch, who married her longterm partner Dr. Lara Embry in 2010, goes on to credit Obama with making "more significant advances for Lgbt Americans than any other president who came before him."
The promo marks an about-face for Lynch, who previously branded Obama "a huge disappointment" for not legalising gay marriages across the U.S.
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Lea Michele admits yoga helped her get over Cory Monteith's death (From RealBollywood. 10 March 2014, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for The Normal Heart, with Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts (From Worst Previews. 10 March 2014, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 11:56 PM, PDT)
- ‘Cosmos': President Obama Introduces the Rebooted Hit Series (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 March 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Thn Talks To ‘Fire In The Blood’ Director Dylan Mohan Gray (From The Hollywood News. 10 March 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson reprises 'Taken' character to send comic threat to Putin (From RealBollywood. 10 March 2014, 4:28 AM, PDT)
Jane Lynch (I)
- Beyoncé, Jennifer Garner & More Stars: Let's "Ban Bossy," Empower Young Women—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- Veronica Mars has sprung back to life, and deservedly so (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 March 2014, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Veronica Mars has sprung back to life, and deservedly so (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 March 2014, 11:00 PM, PDT)