The war hero Robert Pattinson will portray in new movie Mission: Blacklist has given the Twilight star the thumbs up to play him after spending 14 hours with the Brit.
And as the movie creates a buzz at the Cannes Film Festival in France, Maddox has gone public with his thoughts about the casting - and he approves.
He says, "For me, it was a no-brainer. I said absolutely! Whatever you did to get that guy to be a part of this movie, I think it's wonderful and I fully support it. We're talking about a guy who is super famous and really popular.
"We met for 14 hours and he focused exclusively on the project and wanted to get down to the nitty gritty of the project. His entire focus was on the project. It wasn't about him or his needs, and from that, I realised that this is a guy who is dedicated to his work and wanted to put in the hours. That's what made me certain that they have built the right team for this."
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Locarno Film Festival to honour Todd Haynes (From ScreenDaily. 18 July 2017, 5:39 AM, PDT)
- Win The Lost City of Z on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 17 July 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Locarno Festival 2017 Lineup: The Best Summer Movie Counterprogramming You Could Ask For (From Indiewire. 15 July 2017, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Fearless episode 5 review (From Den of Geek. 11 July 2017, 3:53 AM, PDT)
- Channel 4 Commissions Thriller ‘Baghdad Central’ From Scribe Stephen Butchard (From Deadline TV. 5 July 2017, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Winner Shohreh Aghdashloo on ‘The Expanse,’ Trump and Stereotypes of Middle Eastern Actors (From Variety - TV News. 19 June 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
Eric Maddox (I)
- Casting: Pattinson, Garcia, Zea, Rudolph (From Dark Horizons. 29 April 2014, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson drops out of Saddam Hussein drama Mission: Blacklist (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 April 2014, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- Saddam Capture Thriller to Look for New Lead After Busy Pattinson Leaves Project (From Alt Film Guide. 28 April 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)