In part two of her revealing new Et interview, Paula Deen opens up to Nancy O'Dell about overcoming the crippling panic disorder agoraphobia, which she says triggered so much fear that it kept her from leaving her home for weeks at a time.
"I would have panic attacks and my arms would go numb and you feel like you're having a heart attack," Paula tells Nancy about symptoms of the anxiety disease during an interview at her sprawling Savannah, Ga estate. "And I kept a brown bag next to me at all times so I could quickly breathe in it. It's just a fear that would come over you like no other."
Related: Paula Deen Confirms Diabetes Rumors
Many agoraphobia sufferers confine themselves to their homes because they fear »
Similar News ItemsPaula Deen
- Watch the Most Outrageous Performances in Dancing with the Stars History (From PEOPLE.com. 2 September 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Judy King Has an Insane Storyline on Orange Is the New Black Season 5 (From BuzzSugar. 21 June 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Ivanka Trump Isn’t the Only Celebrity Whose Fashion Line Has Been Dropped Due to Controversy (From PEOPLE.com. 6 February 2017, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Spotlight: Nancy O'Dell's Charity Work (From Look to the Stars. 12 September 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: George Clooney's Dad Talks Son's Twins, Jokes That Father's Day Is a 'Minor League Holiday' (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 June 2017, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Oprah Winfrey Gushes Over 'Visionary' Bff Ava DuVernay & Dishes on Gifts for the Clooney Twins! (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 June 2017, 9:35 PM, PDT)
Food Network [us]
- Comedians on Food Network? Scripps Seeks Laughs to Court Younger Crowd (From Variety - TV News. 4 March 2016, 12:26 PM, PST)
- Deirdre O’Hearn to Replace Bob Tuschman as Food Network Svp (From Variety - TV News. 21 January 2016, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Weekly Ratings: World Series Lifts Fox to Rare Victory (From Variety - TV News. 4 November 2015, 5:06 AM, PST)