By Jeffrey Matulef
Russian indie developer Owl Game Studio has announced their S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-inspired Crysis mod, CryZone: Sector 23, will be made into a full game using CryEngine 3.
CryZone: Sector 23 will be set in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. The plot concerns a grief-stricken father journeying into a forbidden zone full of derelict electrical equipment and mutants in hopes of finding a "Wishmaster" who may be able to resurrect his son. Owl Game Studio intends to enhance the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe by featuring new locations, mutant types, and weapons. The game will also feature destructible environments and a Far Cry 2-like healing system.
Despite being a full game, CryZone: Section 23 will not be a commercial product, as Owl Game Studio is open about the fact that they're using "resources and settings" from the now defunct S. »
- MTV Video Games
Similar News ItemsGame (2011/I)
- Video Game Review – Sonic Mania (PS4) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Teaser Watch: The Most Powerful Men in the World Play “Molly’s Game” (From Women and Hollywood. 14 August 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Cwl Championship 2017 Day 4: The Final Four Are Revealed (From Cinelinx. 12 August 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
Far Cry (2008)
- Ubisoft’s Skull & Bones Will Include A Narrative Campaign (From We Got This Covered. 22 June 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Ubisoft Shows Off First In-Engine Gameplay Of Beyond Good And Evil 2 (From We Got This Covered. 22 June 2017, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Ubisoft Motion Pictures Offering Fellowships for Female Filmmakers (From JoBlo. 21 June 2017, 11:46 AM, PDT)