The aliens from Sony's "District 9" scored big during The Hollywood Reporter's 39th annual Key Art Awards.
Honoring the best in movie marketing, Friday's event at Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles saw "District 9" take home 11 awards, including the best-in-show prize for its integrating marketing campaigning as well as three other best-in-show laurels for its outdoor advertising (built around its "Bus Stop for Humans Bus Shelter"), TV spots and digital campaign.
The awards ceremony culminated with Sylvester Stallone receiving the Visionary Award, given annually to a filmmaker who inspires movie marketers.
"At the end of the day, there is no question that Sylvester Stallone delivers great product," THR publisher Lori Burgess said before calling Stallone to the candlelit stage at what once was the altar of the former St. Vibiana Roman Catholic cathedral, which has been converted to a party space. "He's put his stamp on film like very few people of his generation. »
- By Gregg Kilday
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- There Will Be Adventure Time The Movie (From Vulture. 28 February 2015, 2:41 PM, PST)
- Friday Box Office: Will Smith's 'Focus' Leads Weak Slate (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 February 2015, 1:39 PM, PST)
- 'Adventure Time' Animated Movie Is Happening! (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 9:12 AM, PST)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Box Office: Will Smith and Margot Robbie are in 'Focus' for no. 1 Friday (From Hitfix. 28 February 2015, 11:07 AM, PST)
- Three new promo images from Minions featuring Kevin, Stuart and Bob (From Flickeringmyth. 28 February 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Furious 7 and Forza Motorsport Converge in Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious (From TheHDRoom. 27 February 2015, 7:26 PM, PST)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Paramount In Talks To Acquire Rights To Sci-Fi Classic ‘The Stars My Destination’ (From Deadline. 27 February 2015, 6:51 PM, PST)
- John Green’s ‘Looking For Alaska’ Book Set For Film Release (From Tubefilter News. 27 February 2015, 1:58 PM, PST)
- Remembering the filmmaking talents of Leonard Nimoy (From Hitfix. 27 February 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)