The aliens from Sony's "District 9" scored big during The Hollywood Reporter's 39th annual Key Art Awards.
Honoring the best in movie marketing, Friday's event at Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles saw "District 9" take home 11 awards, including the best-in-show prize for its integrating marketing campaigning as well as three other best-in-show laurels for its outdoor advertising (built around its "Bus Stop for Humans Bus Shelter"), TV spots and digital campaign.
The awards ceremony culminated with Sylvester Stallone receiving the Visionary Award, given annually to a filmmaker who inspires movie marketers.
"At the end of the day, there is no question that Sylvester Stallone delivers great product," THR publisher Lori Burgess said before calling Stallone to the candlelit stage at what once was the altar of the former St. Vibiana Roman Catholic cathedral, which has been converted to a party space. "He's put his stamp on film like very few people of his generation. »
- By Gregg Kilday
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Earns $725,000, ‘Poltergeist’ Scares Up $1.4 Million on Thursday Night (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for The Gallows (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 2:48 AM, PDT)
- Justin Lin Brings Bruce Lee To TV (From EmpireOnline. 21 May 2015, 5:02 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- The Long Road to ‘Pitch Perfect’ Success (From Speakeasy/Wall Street Journal. 22 May 2015, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- 'World War Z' Sequel Set for 2017 Release Opposite 'Fantastic Four 2' (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2015, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Melissa Benoist Boards Lowriders (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2015, 7:03 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Book fans are getting a 'World War Z' movie sequel, whether they want it or not (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- World War Z 2 Will Ignite The Summer Of 2017 (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2015, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt's World War Z Sequel Gets a Title (From Worst Previews. 22 May 2015, 5:14 AM, PDT)