Camelot hardly needs any introduction at this point, unless it’s aimed at those who have to this point dismissed the classic status of the musical, but I’m going to give it one anyway. Built from the Lerner and Loewe production, and now celebrating its 45th Anniversary, it is one of the best musicals to ever grace the big screen. Somewhat surprisingly, among musicals (and classics for that matter) it actually holds up rather well insofar as its ability to engage new audiences.
The story of King Arthur, specifically with “The Once and Future King” as inspiration (and it makes a difference), has rarely been so passionately put forward, and Richard Harris, Vanessa Redgrave, and Franco Nero give performances that are themselves the stuff of legends.
- Marc Eastman
Similar News ItemsVanessa Redgrave
- Best Director Oscar Nominee Bennett Miller Unpacks 'Foxcatcher' In-Depth (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 January 2015, 9:33 AM, PST)
- Movie Review – Foxcatcher (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 15 January 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Second Opinion – Foxcatcher (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 11 January 2015, 2:40 AM, PST)
- Watch 3 New Featurettes for Black Sea; Ilan Eshkeri’s Digital Soundtrack Available Now (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 20 January 2015, 5:26 PM, PST)
- First Trailer For Anarchy Adds Some Gunplay To Shakespeare (From We Got This Covered. 15 January 2015, 2:44 PM, PST)
- Palm Springs Film Fest: J.K. Simmons Nabs Spotlight Award for 'Whiplash' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
King Arthur (2004)
- Chris Hemsworth Facts: 23 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Actor (From Moviefone. 16 January 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Bend It Like Beckham – The Musical – Cast Announcement (From Bollyspice. 13 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- How Jennifer Aniston Is Connected to Every Golden Globe Nominee in 6 Degrees or Less (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 January 2015, 7:24 AM, PST)