Rising star Joanna Vanderham is to star as Denise Lovett, a young girl who works in a department store and gets caught up in the charms of the modern world, in a new period drama series Paradise, coming to BBC One, from Bill Gallagher, the writer of Lark Rise to Candleford.
Joanna (represented by Ken McReddie Associates) is originally from Dundee and landed the lead role of Cathy in Martina Cole's The Runaway for Sky1, alongside Jack O'Connell, whilst she was still at drama school in Cardiff. Her first feature film role is in What Maise Knew, alongside Julianne Moore, Alexander Skarsgard and Steve Coogan, due out this year.
Based on the novel by Emile Zola, The Ladies' Paradise is a rags-to-riches story set in the 1890s when Denise arrives in the city and falls in love with the intoxicating and dangerous charms of the modern world. Made homeless »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (ScreenTerrier)
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- ‘Generation Startup’ Exclusive Clip: New Documentary Takes Us To The Front Lines Of Young American Entrepreneurship (From Indiewire. 30 August 2016, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- "2017 Pirelli Calendar" Revealed (From SneakPeek. 30 August 2016, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Sneak Peek At The 2017 Pirelli Calender, Featuring Penelope Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Alicia Vikander And More (From ET Canada. 28 August 2016, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- 'Rules Don’t Apply' to open AFI Fest (From ScreenDaily. 30 August 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Will Open AFI Fest 2016 (From Indiewire. 30 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Warren Beatty’s Howard Hughes Movie ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ to Open AFI Fest (From Variety - Film News. 30 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)