Look, Katherine: We know you’re not in any way a bigot, a gay basher, or a disgraced orange-juice spokeswoman. Just, please: Try to avoid looking like one.
Perhaps you don’t even know who Anita Bryant is: She was a beauty queen who scored a few top 10 hits as a singer, including “Paper Roses” in 1960. But all anybody remembers about her now is her strident and self-righteous opposition to gay rights, and to anti-discrimination laws of all kinds.
So we know your best friend is a gay man (ex-Grey’s Anatomy castmate T.R. Knight) and you began the adoption process of a South Korean baby back in September 2009. Case closed — you’re no Anita Bryant.
But swallow the hard pill that our very own beauty editrix Marta Topran has dealt you with reference to your look June 9 at the Killers premiere:
I really am speechless at this odd, odd choice. »
Similar News ItemsT.R. Knight
- The Catch: Is the ABC TV Series Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three? (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 June 2017, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Watch the trailer for musical Hello Again (From Flickeringmyth. 21 June 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hello Again’ Trailer: Sex-Fueled Musical Puts Broadway Greats In Ten Affairs Over Ten Decades — Watch (From Indiewire. 21 June 2017, 9:52 AM, PDT)
- Gay Rights and Hollywood Still Have a Long Way to Go (From Variety - TV News. 29 June 2015, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Gay Rights and Hollywood Still Have a Long Way to Go (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Meme: Brian Sims Predicts Gay President In a Decade, The Red Viper’s Funeral Sounds Fabulous, David Beckham Mulls Return To Soccer (From The Backlot. 4 June 2014, 5:05 AM, PDT)